- A cover sheet containing the number of the project, the names of the people in your group, and the grade that you are seeking. This sheet should otherwise be blank, with space for my comments.
- A well written, clear, and concise summary of the work you have done. This should include a brief description of the problem, a discussion of the techniques you used to solve the problem, and justification for
the correctness of your approach. The ``justification'' may overlap with the ``results'' mentioned below. Feel free to use your imagination to write the summary in the style of the projects (or some other style,
if you prefer).
- The results of your computations, preferably in the form of (edited) Matlab output. You must include results for all the specified data sets (even if you cannot solve all of them). These data sets may not
demonstrate all the capabilities of your Matlab functions; if this is the case, include results for appropriate additional data sets. Your computational results should also include evidence that the answers are
correct; if you get the correct answers, but do not explain why you believe them to be correct, then no grade will be awarded.
- Listings of your Matlab functions (as an appendix to the report).
- (Optional) You may wish to include additional appendices with more detailed discussions of some aspect of your project submission.
- The group should submit an assessment of the effort made by each member of the group. It should include the percentage effort by each member of the group. This need not be a comment on the skill levels of the
individuals, but only on the effort that each of them made. For example, one member may have been in charge of the report, one in charge of programming, and another in charge of mathematical analysis, but they
all may have made comparable effort, just in different areas. Highly detailed assessments are not required. The purpose of this is to discourage individuals from relying on the other members of the group to do
all the work on a project. The assessment should represent a concensus among the group members. If you cannot reach concensus, I will assist your group in determining an assessment.
- It is strongly recommended that you use a word processor to prepare your reports, since they may be returned to you for revision.
- One of the most important parts of your report will be the explanations of why your results are correct.
- In grading the projects, I will only decide if you have completed the requirements for the grade level you are seeking. I will not attempt to determine if you have completed the requirements for a lower or
higher grade level. If I am not satisfied with your submission, I will indicate why.
- If you resubmit a project, you must submit the earlier version (with my comments) as well as the revised version, unless I give you different instructions.
Back to OR481/Math446